BCE’s mission is to provide our clients around the world with state-of-the-art data acquisition and analysis systems for geotechnical site investigations, which allow for better and faster diagnostics of the sub-surface. If necessary, we will customize our products to suit the requirements of our clients even better.
BCE's products and services consist of
- Geotechnical Data Acquisition and Signal Conditioning Hardware
- Geotechnical Data and Signal Processing Software
- Applied Seismology Consulting Services
- Geotechnical Data Processing
- Professional Seminars
Some of the innovative analytical techniques developed at BCE are outlined below:
- First to take into account ray path refraction (Snell’s law) when processing DST (Downhole Seismic Testing) data sets for estimating interval velocities and absorption values.
- Developed the concept of Seismic Trace Characterization (STC) for assessing the quality of acquired DST data and facilitating post data analysis.
- Developed the unique STC metric referred to as the Signal Shape Parameter (SSP). This is based on assessing and quantifying the frequency spectrum of the acquired trace.
- First to implement full waveform and polarization analysis for processing DST data sets.
- First to utilize Particle Filtering (PF) as a tool for seismic signal processing.
- Developed a unique and robust model of the seismic source wave referred to as the Amplitude Modulated Sinusoid (AMS).
- First to incorporate Rao–Blackwellized Particle Filter, Hidden Markov Model Filter (HMMF), and Kalman Filtering (KF) for microseismic event detection.
- Developed the unique signal processing technique referred to as Principle Phase Decomposition (PPD) for Blind Seismic Deconvolution (BSD) and time variant BSD (BSDtv).
- First to utilize KF and HMMF for processing CPTU data sets.
- Developed a unique tomographic 2D imaging algorithm for processing SCPT (Seismic Cone Penetration Test) data sets with normal moveout.